Free webinar – Mobilizing against climate change. When research in human and social sciences strengthens scientific research on climate
What is it ?
For more than thirty years, scientific data has been available to alert us on climate change reality. However, our behavior is not changing significantly. In this webinar, the speaker will discuss the obstacles to behavior change and the reasons for the low effectiveness of the current awareness discourse. He will also address communication approaches that are adapted to the challenges posed by the ecological transition.
Thierry Libaert is a scientific collaborator at the Earth & Life Institute, Catholic University of Louvain. He is also President of the Academy of Controversies and Sensitive Communication, Member of the European Economic and Social Committee. He is the author of about thirty books, including the last one published in 2020 ed. Le Pommier “Des vents porteurs. Comment mobiliser (enfin) pour la planète ?”.
Thierry Libaert owns a Phd in Information and Communication Sciences (UCLouvain). He has taught or teaches in … more
Who is it for?
This seminar series is aimed at public authorities, non-profit organisations, journalists, communicators and businesses looking to promote understanding, engagement and inclusive action on the climate among their own target groups.
How to register?
Where and when?
- Hour: 04.30 – 06.00 p.m. Brussels time
- Place: ZOOM
- Price: Free of charge
- –14/10/2020 – Presentation – Dr. Adam Corner
- –14/10/2020 – Summary – Dr. Adam Corner
- –19/11/2020 – Presentation – Dr. Linda Steg
- –19/11/2020 – Summary – Dr. Linda Steg
- –19/01/2021 – Presentation – Dr. Siegfried Dewitte
- –19/01/2021 – Summary – Dr S. Dewitte
- –19/01/2021 – Article Hummel-Maedche – How effective is nudging
- –WEBINAR 1 – 14/10/2020 – Adam Corner ( popup )
- –WEBINAR 2 – 19/11/2020 – Linda Steg ( popup )
- –WEBINAR 3 – 19/01/2021 – Prof. Dr. Siegfried Dewitte ( popup )